CFL Fishing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crankin' Stick Build Thread

Go down

Crankin' Stick Build Thread Empty Crankin' Stick Build Thread

Post  Admin Thu May 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Alright, I was gonna wait till I'm done building it, but I can't. Very Happy I'm planning on doing a black guide wrap w/ yellow accents on the ends to match the Skeet Reese reel. And for the butt wrap (which won't be finished for KY), my dad's going to do a double Chevron Like this, but in black and yellow with pearl white accents. Crankin' Stick Build Thread Hansford-07-wht-A

Finished gluing up the cork yesterday (Took a lot longer tha normal). So today, My dad and I took it to his shop and stuck it on the lathe.

Here's some pics before the handle was sanded:
As you can see it's a split grip, that's why it took longer to glue the handle, had to do everytihng separate. I know a split grip isn't need for sensitivity w/ a cranking stick, but it cuts the weight down.
Crankin' Stick Build Thread 108

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 109

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 110

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 111

And here's the finished product:
Crankin' Stick Build Thread 115

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 116

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 117

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 119

Crankin' Stick Build Thread 120

I was really happy with how it turned out. I haven't tried it with a reel yet, but w/o one, it's fairly well balanced.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.cabinfeverlures.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Crankin' Stick Build Thread Empty Re: Crankin' Stick Build Thread

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Ok, I was extremely happy with how the handle turned out and how the rod balanced with the reel I chose for it.

Unfortunately, the black and yellow guide wraps didn't turn out great. The black bled into the yellow when the epoxy was applied. Evil or Very Mad So, I'm not even gonna bother posting pics or starting the fancy buttwrap.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.cabinfeverlures.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum