CFL Fishing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09

Go down

Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09 Empty Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09

Post  Admin Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 pm

My dad and I headed out to the reservoir. They spray the weeds in there sometimes, and we think they may have just recently done so, but we're not sure. The fishing was pretty tough though.

I tried the Yum Dinger, a crankbait, a jerkbait, and ended up with a very small x-rap on. I caught an average sized one on the little x-rap and later on, I got a really small one, probably around 8".

Since my dad got his first jig fish not to long before this, he's been wanting to fish the jig some more. So he picked up his rod with a jig and about 3rd cast hooked a nice one.

I was quite a ways down the shore, so he took the picture himself.
Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09 043

I remembered I didn't have any more jigs with me and kept fishing the x-rap. then I remembered I threw some flipping jigs I had into a small plano box in my truck a while back. I tied one on and casted it out and got a nice thump-thump hit on the fall, but I swung a bit too late.

Then my dad caught another one, about the same size.
Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09 045

Anyways, we kept fishing and didn't get anything for a while. I headed back to where we started to fish and had a fish grab the jig and sit there. I didn't even feel anything till I started to drag the jig. I immediately set the hook. I got him in, and he was average sized for the reservoir.

Metamora Reservoir, Ohio 7-4-09 047

We fished a little while longer before heading home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.cabinfeverlures.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum